It’s certainly not a definitive test, but it was interesting to see that, when I entered the URLs of three DecemberPress-designed websites into freegrader.com, a search engine optimization ranking site, all three sites scored significantly higher than the other most recent URLs entered by random freegrader.com visitors. What does that mean? It means that a well-designed, responsive website with excellent on-page search engine optimization is recognized by ranking engines.
In fact, the only reason these DecemberPress sites don’t have significantly higher scores is because they are less than six months old and their authors are still building audiences.
How can the owners of these websites improve on their already-excellent SEO?
- Write more blog posts.
- Comment on other subject-related blogs and include a link to their own site in those comments.
- Use social media to spread the blog beyond their regular visitors.
- Use subscription tools to deliver each blog post directly to readers’ email inboxes.
How does your website rank? Check it out on freegrader.com.
The DecemberPress websites featured in this post are:
- decemberpress.com (launched June 2013)
- jimlieberthal.com (launched February, 2013)
- bumblehive.com (launched March, 2013)
Why should you care about SEO? Because you want people to visit your website. Search Engine Optimization is the continuing process of presenting your web content to users in the most findable manner.